Getting here is easy! To visit Bailey Mountain Bike Park take the Mars Hill exit off of I-26 (aka Future I-26). Head west toward Mars Hill through town and Mars Hill University for about 3.4 miles. Take a right onto Bone Camp Road. The entrance for parking is 1.2 miles up Bone Camp on the right. (The speed limit is 35 MPH just off the interstate and 25 MPH in town.) You can also get directions from Google Maps.
Bailey Mountain Bike Park is located just beyond the picturesque mountain town of Mars Hill in Madison County, North Carolina. The community is supported by an Ingles grocery store and CVS pharmacy along with a Subway, Waffle House and other fast food options near the freeway. Downtown Mars Hill offers some great Italian food, pizza and subs from Papa Nick's, stackable burgers, chicken and BBQ from Stackhouse, and our neighbor Main Street Burrito has burritos. Downtown Marshall has sprouted it's first brewery, Mad Co Brewing, and is located right on the river. They have a great deck in the back and covered outdoor seating area in the front! Check their website for their live music offerings. Sweet Monkey Cafe and Bakery is also really good! The bike park staff frequents each of these restaurants and all offer a really good meal.
For more suggestions on dining and places to visit while you're in town, take a look at where to eat in and around Asheville.
We are happy to report we are only about:
- 13 miles from Weaverville.
- 18 miles from North Asheville.
- 22 miles from downtown Asheville.
- 48 miles from Johnson City, TN.
- 54 miles from Brevard, NC.
- 78 miles from Beech Mountain, NC.
- 83 miles from Greenville, SC.
- 98 miles from Knoxville, TN.
- 130 miles from Windrock.
- 146 miles from Charlotte, NC.
- 208 miles from Chattanooga, TN.
- 225 miles from the north side of Atlanta, GA.
- 237 miles from Rome, GA.
- 269 miles from Raleigh, NC.
- 275 miles from Nashville, TN.
- 340 miles from Snowshoe, WV.