Safety While Riding at Bailey Mountain
Mountain biking is and can be a dangerous sport. Riders are required to read and obey the Rider's Code of Conduct and Safety Rules included below. Your safety and the safety of others is our first priority. Bailey Mountain Bike Park has the right revoke your ride privileges should you choose not to adhere to the following, or should you put someone at risk.
Attention Riders, Parents, and Guardians
Injuries are a common and expected part of mountain biking. If you are new to downhill or gravity mountain biking, or the Parent or Guardian of a younger rider, please familiarize yourself with the mountain biking activities we offer. Challenging terrain and features should not be attempted unless the rider has the appropriate skills, experience and equipment to effectively negotiate such trails or trail sections. Trail conditions can change with weather. Bailey Mountain Bike Park trails are a very different experience than cross country or XC riding. The trails require constant physical and mental effort in order for all riders to maintain control.
Rider's Code of Conduct and Safety Rules
- Ensure that your bike is working as it should with properly functioning brakes on both the front and rear wheels.
- Helmets are mandatory. Ensure it fits properly and is in good working condition.
- Protective gear such as knee pads, elbow pads, body armor, neck brace, gloves, and goggles are highly recommended.
- Inspect your bike and your gear before you ride.
- Ride within your ability.
- Do not stop in the middle of a trail. Pull over to the side and out of the way of riders behind you should you need to stop for any reason. Stopping on a trail can cause serious injury or death.
- Do not hike up trails.
- Do not ride off of marked trails.
- Obey all signs, warnings and directions.
- If you are involved in an accident or if you witness an accident, please report it to park staff or call 855-743-3962.
- Do not ride if you are injured or impaired because of use of drugs or alcohol. Do not ride if you lack sufficient strength, dexterity, and or ability to ride safely.
- Do not approach, feed or provoke wildlife.
- We recommend that you ride with a mobile phone in case of emergency. If you don't ride with a phone, we recommend you ride with a buddy, or group.
- Do not litter or use open flames in or around the Park. Smoking is not allowed at Bailey Mountain Bike Park.
- Be safety conscious. It is your responsibility.
- Have a great time!
Still have more questions? Visit our collection of Frequently Asked Questions.